Please bear with me...

Can't get enough of us? See photos and media coverage here!
Forum rules
Public forum for Everyone.
Tash-ya 'Round

Please bear with me...

Post by Tash-ya 'Round »

I am attempting to make this forum section a little easier to navigate through and archive some stuff in an attempt to help keep the forum from getting bogged down.

What you are likely to see being worked on over the next little while as it will take some time to go through everything:

all of each season links to photos under one post per season
    categorized new posts for non bout events
    post for upcoming events/bouts to post under

Hope it will be easier for everyone and thank you for your patience during this process...
GRAVE DANGER

I am always doing things I can't do - that's how I get to do them - Pablo Picasso

beatnikside

Post by beatnikside »

Is there anything we can do to help out?
"I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters
and photographers." MAHATMA GANDHI

http://www.thespellout.com/

Tash-ya 'Round

Post by Tash-ya 'Round »

I dunno yet...

First thing is to make sure I don't miss any links and that it is user friendly. Being able to find stuff is a big goal!

Please let me know if I am on the right track as I start doing stuff. If I think of anyway you could help, I will let you know.

Thank you!
GRAVE DANGER

I am always doing things I can't do - that's how I get to do them - Pablo Picasso

ntisocl

Re: Please bear with me...

Post by ntisocl »

Would you mind clarifying your new guidelines a bit for posting photo links? Are we all supposed to be adding our posts to one topic - in the case for the first bout, it would all be under Axle's topic since he was first - or are we each supposed to have one topic for Season 5 and then post all of our links for the season in that one topic - meaning that I'd have a season 5 topic, Axle would have one, Beatnik would have one, etc?

Thanks,
ntisocl
I don't hate everyone, but close.

Foxy Throwdown

Post by Foxy Throwdown »

Go ahead and post for now. We haven't made new guidelines for Season 5 yet. We'll post to let everyone know, until then post away.

Thanks for checking!
Foxy Throwdown

Sister Piston
Sockit Wench

Post by Sister Piston »

Photographers: For those of you that have been around for a few years, I am toying with the idea of giving you your very own sections on the forum as a sub-forum to Post Your Photos Here.

This means that there could be a link bearing your photographer handle that would then contain any links to your images in the manner that you prefer.

In the far distant future I may be able to even offer permissions for you to edit the posts within those forums.

Is this of interest to you?

ntisocl

Post by ntisocl »

I'm in favor of anything you all want to try if you're looking to make this section more user friendly.

As for the additional permissions, I don't know that we need any additional editing ability beyond what we already have as regular forum members.
I don't hate everyone, but close.

beatnikside

Post by beatnikside »

Agreed with Scott. If it makes images easier for skaters and fans to find, then I'm all for it.

Axle Adams

Post by Axle Adams »

I might even say grouping on a per bout/event basis. So all bout 1 photos in agroup. All of the different fundraisers photos in another. All of the parties/bar nights in another. Considering the number of people I saw out there with cameras, each of them having their own area might be more clutter than it's worth. Plus it makes it extra easy for someone to go back to a certain event for photos.

Sister Piston
Sockit Wench

Post by Sister Piston »

Axle Adams wrote:I might even say grouping on a per bout/event basis. So all bout 1 photos in agroup. All of the different fundraisers photos in another. All of the parties/bar nights in another.

I love this idea and it may even work in addition to what I proposed or as an alternative. Really, I want to showcase the work and make it easier to find and I want to do it in a way that is easy for everyone.

Axle Adams wrote:Considering the number of people I saw out there with cameras, each of them having their own area might be more clutter than it's worth. Plus it makes it extra easy for someone to go back to a certain event for photos.

The personal forums would be given to the highly established photogs like you that have been submitting galleries to us for years and proven highly effective as photographers.

I am guessing this would be roughly 6-8 total.

Thanks for the input guys, keep it coming. It'll take me some time to mull over the pros and cons.

Joe Schwartz

Post by Joe Schwartz »

I've toyed with the idea of a derby photo/video/media database, where each person could post links to his/her photos of each event. Ideally, each set of photos would be categorized by event, league, teams, and photographer, allowing viewers to select the sets by any criteria. Probably too much trouble just for us Rat City photogs, but it's something I'd like to see for the sport in general.

Sister Piston
Sockit Wench

Post by Sister Piston »

It's a nice model for me to modify so that skaters, photogs and fans can get the easiest access to all of your fine work.

ChickenTender

Post by ChickenTender »

I'll just chime in to 2nd all that Axle said. I agree that a sub for each photog could get ugly... Subs for each event would go very far to keep the submissions much more navigatable (is that a word?) ... And honestly, the overhead that would go into a sub-cat for each photog would be rather intense (or at least I would imagine so, from my experience admin'ing forums). Thanks for all you're doing in any case.

Cheers,
CT

Sister Piston
Sockit Wench

Post by Sister Piston »

Per bout/year subnav in the works! Thanks for all the input folks!